Biomedical and bioinspired materials and structures: a cross-disciplinary approach
The joint workshop will be held at TU Wien (Vienna University of Technology), on September 22-23, 2022 as a pure onsite event.
This workshop will be the ninth in the series of industrially oriented workshops organized by KMM-VIN in collaboration with leading research centres and industries. Presenting the most recent advances in material science and technology, the KMM-VIN workshops provide a unique opportunity for starting and/or intensifying the communication and cooperation between scientists and engineers, aiming at material-driven transformation of various industrial sectors.
In order to broaden the effect of the event, this time, KMM-VIN joins forces with ViCEM, the cooperation center linking engineering with the biomedical world; and with the Austrian Chapter of the European Society of Biomechanics, which encourages, on a general level, research, disseminate knowledge and promote progress in Biomechanics.
The workshop will cover, but is not necessarily restricted to, the following topics:
- Mathematical modeling, experimentation, and design of biomedical and bioinspired materials and structures
- Microstructure-property relationship for hierarchical materials
- Artificial intelligence-aided design of innovative biomaterials and bioinspired materials
- Manufacturing hierarchical biomaterials
- Cases of success in different industrial sectors: health, energy, transport, space and construction
- Medical perspectives and demands concerning biomedical and bio inspired materials and structures
Potential participants from industrial and academic organizations are encouraged to submit contributions to the workshop. Both, oral and poster presentations are welcome. Abstracts of oral or poster presentations (max. 300 words) can be submitted by July 15, 2022.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
- Stéphane AVRIL (École des Mines de Saint-Étienne, France)
- Tomasz LIPNIACKI (IPPT PAN, Warsaw, Poland)
- Andreas MENZEL (TU Dortmund University, Germany)
- Jon MOLINA-ALDAREGUIA (IMDEA Materials, Madrid, Spain)
- Francesco MOSCATO (Medical University of Vienna, Austria)
Registration and Fees
The Workshop participation fees are as follows:
|KMM-VIN / ViCEM / ESB Austrian Chapter members||150 €|
Registration fees include coffee breaks, lunches, and buffet dinner on day 1. Interested participants are requested to register online.
Deadline for registration of presenters: September 2, 2022
Recommended hotels near TU Wien are:
- Christian HELLMICH (TU Wien, Austria)
- Katarzyna KOWALCZYK-GAJEWSKA (IPPT PAN, Poland)
- Andrés DÍAZ LANTADA (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain)
- Dieter PAHR (Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences & TU Wien, Austria)
- Siegfried TRATTNIG (Medical University of Vienna, Austria)