The Spanish National Chapter of the ESB was created on on July 6th, 2011, after approval by the Spanish members of the ESB through electronic ballot.
The by-laws approved for the Spanish National Chapter can be found here.
The Spanish Chapter of the ESB is also on LinkedIn.
Mission of the Spanish Chapter of the ESB
According to the objectives set at the I Meeting of the Chapter, the main mission of the Spanish National Chapter of the ESB is to connect academic researchers, medical doctors, and the health industry to foment multi-sector collaborations, promote and disseminate the Spanish research in biomechanics.
Members of the Spanish Chapter of the ESB
Any ESB active or student member affiliated to an organization located in Spain is also a rightful member of the Spanish National Chapter of the ESB. The same applies to corporate members located in Spain, and to honorary and senior members who are resident in Spain. ESB members of Spanish nationality, but working or resident in other countries, can join the Chapter by sending a request to the President of the Chapter.
Executive Board of the Spanish Chapter of the ESB
The Executive Board of the Spanish Chapter is elected every 2 years by the General Assembly.
Current Executive Board:
- Alejandro Yánez Santana (University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria): President
- Rosa Pàmies Vilà (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona)
- Francisco Romero Sánchez (University of Extremadura, Badajoz)
Previous Executive Board members:
- Joaquín Ojeda Granja (University of Seville, Seville) (2015-2019)
- Mª José Rupérez Moreno (Universitat Politècnica de València, Valencia) (2015-2019)
- Josep Maria Font Llagunes (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Barcelona) (2015-2019)
- MªAngeles Pérez (University of Zaragoza, Zaragoza): Spanish member of the ESB council, ex officio ExBo (2015-2019)
- Jérôme Noailly (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona) (2011-2015)
- Javier Martínez Reina (University of Seville, Seville) (2013-2015)
- Sebas Idelsohn (Fundació CTM Centre Tecnològic, Manresa) (2013-2015)
- José Antonio Sanz Herrera (University of Seville, Seville) (2011-2013)
Meetings of the Spanish National Chapter
The 10th meeting of the CAP-ESB will take place at the University of Granada (delayed due to the pandemic).
- Ninth meeting of the Spanish National Chapter
The 9th annual meeting of the CAP-ESB was held at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, on 24-25 October 2019.
- Eighth meeting of the Spanish National Chapter
The 8th annual meeting of the CAP-ESB was held at the university Jaume 1er in Castellón, on 22-23 November 2018.
- Seventh meeting of the Spanish National Chapter
embedded within the 23rd congress of the European Society of Biomechanics, which took place at the Higher Technical School of Engineering of the University of Seville, from the 2nd to the 5th of July 2017.
- Sixth meeting of the Spanish National Chapter
Badajoz on 24th October 2016 at the Escuela de Ingenierías Industriales of the Universidad de Extremadura.
- Fifth meeting of the Spanish National Chapter
Madrid on 19-20 November 2015 at the School of Civil Engineering (Technical University of Madrid – UPM)
- Fourth meeting of the Spanish National Chapter
Valencia on 20-21 November 2014 at the LabHuman (Universitat Politècnica de València).
- Third meeting of the Spanish National Chapter
Barcelona on 23-24 October 2013 at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC).
- Second meeting of the Spanish National Chapter
Seville on 25th October 2012 at the ETS Ingenieros.
- First meeting of the Spanish National Chapter
Zaragoza on 10th November 2011 at the Escuela de Ingeniería y Arquitectura.
Activities of the Spanish National Chapter
In the two first years of the Spanish Chapter, two challenges were clearly emphasized: support for technology transfer from academic research to companies and/or to clinical environments, and connection with other Spanish Societies related with research in Biomechanics. In response to those queries, the Executive Board worked on the creation of a database to encourage and improve contacts within the Spanish Biomechanics community and to favour new collaborations between academicians, business partners and clinicians. In addition, a ‘LinkedIn’ professional network was activated.
All the meetings of the Chapter contributed successfully to bring together different professional sectors with activities related to Biomechanics. The increasing participation of companies and medical doctors to the meetings is a clear sign of growing interest towards translational research. In order to consolidate these outcomes, the Executive Board is actively working on establishing agreement with other Spanish Societies, and stays in close connection with the companies that approached the Chapter to foment trainings for graduate and postgraduate students. The Executive Board is also working on structured dissemination strategies to increase the impact of the Spanish research in Biomechanics.