The Society publishes a Newsletter about twice a year. All members are invited to contribute information of general interest, scientific articles, advertisements or particular items of discussion. Contributions may be sent to the Newsletter editor directly.
All Newsletter issues can be downloaded here. New issues are announced by email. Only those members who explicitly ask for a printed version will receive one. The money saved in this way will be used to subsidize activities and prizes at the ESB biennial meetings mostly geared towards the young members.
editor ESB Newsletter
Julius Wolff Institut
Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Campus Virchow Klinikum
Institutsgebäude Süd/ Südstraße 2
Augustenburger Platz 1
- Spring 2016
- Autumn 2015
- Spring 2015.
- Autumn 2014. Latest ESB news, contributions of our awarded researchers, and more
- Spring 2014. Latest updates on the World Congress of Biomechanics, our Council elections and more
- Autumn 2013. The WCB2014 in Boston and more
- Spring 2013. New ESB Mobility Award and more
- Autumn 2012. New on-line format of the ESB Newsletter
- Spring 2012. First fully on-line European Society of Biomechanics newsletter
- Autumn 2011 (214kB) More biomechanical studies are being published in high impact journals.
- Spring 2011 (1.75MB) Rik Huiskes – An Appreciation. This issue sees the re-naming of our ‘Outstanding Achievement in Biomechanics’ award as the ‘Huiskes Medal for Biomechanics’, plus a new award for the ‘Best Doctoral Thesis in Biomechanics’.
- Autumn 2010 (1.24MB) The ESB grows large enough to start holding annual congresses. Report on the 17th Congress in Edinburgh, and looking forward to Lisbon in 2012 and Athens in 2013.
- Spring 2010 (721kB) Background to the European Alliance for Medical and Biological Engineering & Science (EAMBES) – to which the ESB is allied (and why you should be interested!)
- Autumn 2009 (1.1MB) Appendix – Report Profile Data of ESB Members (79kB)
- Spring 2009 (1.06MB) Announces the Facebook Group, which is available for all student members of the ESB.
- Autumn 2008 (2.67MB)
- Autumn 2007 (736kB)
- Spring 2007 (2.85MB)
- Autumn 2006 (584kB)
- Spring 2006 (364kB)
- Autumn 2004 (863kB)
- Spring 2004 (107kB)
- Autumn 2003 (515kB) ‘Biomechanics – is the paradigm changing?’ and ‘In support of the European Framework Programs’
- Spring 2003 (326kB)
- Autumn 2002 (3.1MB)
- Spring 2002 (394kB)
The following newsletters were recreated using Optical Character Recognition from the original printed versions, care if you are downloading these on your phone, as the file sizes are all quite large, and will take a while to appear even on fast internet connections!
- 1998 (4.02MB)
- 1997 v2 (2.76MB)
- 1997 v1 (2.86MB)
- 1995 (5.34MB)
- 1994 (3.71MB)
- 1992 v2 (3.44MB)
- 1992 v1 (2.40MB)
- 1991 (2.54MB)
- 1990 v2 (2.32MB)
- 1990 v1 (1.94MB)
- 1989 v2 (2.02MB)
- 1989 v1 (1.02MB)
- 1985 (3.42MB)
- 1984 v2 (2.99MB)
- 1984 v1 (3.57MB)
- 1983 v2 (2.75MB)
- 1983 v1 (3.62MB)
- 1982 v2 (1.42MB)
- 1982 v1 (1.62MB)
- 1979 (1.02MB): The first newsletter of the society, and announcing the birth Journal of Biomechanics, which was to be made available for an annual subscription fee of $30