The mission of the European Society of Biomechanics (ESB) is to promote excellence in biomechanics research, to foster integration of clinical and basic science, and to facilitate the translation of that science to health care and clinical practice.
One way in which ESB supports its mission and promotes excellence is by recognition of outstanding members with prestigious awards given at the ESB Congress. All ESB members are eligible for the awards below, except as restricted by specific award criteria. For detailed information on submissions and nominations, please refer to the Awards Regulations or contact the Awards Committee Chairman (below):
ESB Awards Committee Chairperson
Jérôme Noailly, Ph.D.
Pompeu Fabra University
Summary of the Awards Program of the European Society of
- The Huiskes Medal for Biomechanics
- The S.M. Perren Research Award
- ESB Early Career Research Award
- Best Doctoral thesis in Biomechanics
- ESB Clinical Biomechanics Award
- ESB Student Awards
- ESB Poster Award
- Travel Awards
- The ESB Mobility Award (Grant) (administered by the student committee)