The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL) is part of an academic and research community located at the Campus Krems, and includes a network of comprising teaching hospitals in St. Pölten, Krems, Tulln and Eggenburg. KL is committed to raising its profile in specific areas of biomedicine, biomedical engineering, and biopsychosocial sciences by entering into strategic academic and research partnerships with other institutions.
From Autumn 2022 the KL offers a 2-year research position at the Division „Biomechanics“ (Head: Univ. Prof. Dr. Dieter Pahr) with the option of getting permanent upon adequate performance:
Research Assistant/ Lab Manager (Post Doc) (40 h) (f/m/d). The Division Biomechanics is part of Prof. Pahr’s Interuniversity Biomechanics Laboratory, which also includes his research group at the TU Wien. Get some impressions of our recent work from our Youtube Channel!
• Independent experimental research activities in the field of musculoskeletal biomechanics
• Publication activities and writing of applications for external funding
• Teaching and support in administrative tasks
• Supervision of Bachelor, Master and PhD students
• Administration and maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure
• Support of the laboratory head
• Completion of a suitable doctorate (e.g. mechanical engineering, physics, biomedical engineering, …)
• In-depth knowledge in biomechanical testing (material and/or implant testing incl. programming of measurement data analysis)
• Appropriate track record of publications in scientific journals as well as conference contributions.
• Experience with clinic-related research and imaging techniques (CT or MRI) would be an advantage
• Good German and very good English skills, both written and spoken
• Process-oriented, accurate, structured way of working with a strong ability to prioritize
• Open, resilient and flexible personality with a professional attitude
You can expect a challenging job in a highly motivated team. KL is committed to an anti-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities and diversity. KL specifically encourages qualified people with different diversity characteristics (gender, age, ethnicity, denomination, sexual orientation, etc.) to apply. The minimum monthly gross salary for this position is 3,670 € (40 hrs) gross per month. Readiness for overpayment exists with appropriate experience and qualification.
Applications should include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae and credentials and should be mailed to Ms. Christina Schwaiger of the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30, 3500 Krems, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org ) referring to jobnumber “2202”. There is the possibility of an ongoing job application until a suitable candidate is found.