The Institute of Lightweight Design and Structural Biomechanics at TU Wien, Computational Biomechanics Group of Prof Dieter Pahr, is offering a full-time position (40 hours/week) for a post-doc university assistant for two years. The estimated starting date is June 1, 2021.
- Conducting outstanding research work at an international level in the field of bone biomechanics
- Supervision of Master and PhDs students
- Writing grant proposals and acquiring third-party funds
- Contributing to bachelor and master level teaching
- Participation in teaching activities and administrative tasks of the institute
- PhD in the field of mechanical engineering, civil engineering, biomedical engineering or a related discipline with a specialization in biomechanics is a prerequisiteA highly motivated, resilient person with very good communication skills
- The successful candidate will work in the field of computational bone biomechanics
- Previous experience in bone biomechanics, image processing, finite element modelling, material modelling, computer programming (C++ and Python) are required
- A very good command of English language skills as well as an appropriate publication record are also required
- Desirable are experiences with lab experiments, German language skills, and project proposals writing
- Interest in solving scientific problems in an independent and goal-oriented manner
- The willingness to contribute to interdisciplinary and international scientific projects
- Very good scientific communication and scientific writing skills
- A creative environment in one of the most livable cities in the world.
- A young, highly motivated, and international team of researchers.
- An internationally established working group.
- A well-equipped work environment (soft- and hardware, biomechanics lab).
- Continuing personal and professional education.
- Opportunities for presenting research results at leading international conferences.
TU Wien is committed to increase female employment in leading scientific positions. Female candidates are explicitly encouraged to apply. Preference will be given when equally qualified. People with special needs are equally encouraged to apply. In case of any questions, please contact the confidant for disabled persons at the university (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Entry level salary as a postdoctoral researcher is covered by level B1 of the Austrian Collective Agreement for university staff, and receives a minimum of currently EUR 3.889,50 month gross, 14 times/year. Relevant working experiences may increase the monthly income.
We look forward to receiving your application until April 8th, 2021.
For inquires on the technical description please contact Prof. Dr. Dieter Pahr ( email@example.com ).
Application Documents: The application should include a motivation letter, a scientific CV, diploma certificates, list of publications, and a copy of the PhD thesis, all in electronic form. Applications are only accepted via our online system https://jobs.tuwien.ac.at/Job/146061.