The Austrian National Chapter of the ESB was created on January 9, 2015, after approval by the Austrian members of the ESB through electronic ballot. It was successfully inaugurated on October 1st 2015.
The by-laws for the Austrian National Chapter can be found here.
Missions of the Austrian Chapter of the ESB
- Enhance cross-disciplinary exchange throughout Austria, on biomechanics and mechanics-related processes in biological systems.
- Public promotion of biomechanics as a tool to aid restoration and improvement of physiological function in health and disease.
- To foster Austria’s role as a country of scientific, clinical and industrial excellence in the field of biomechanics.
Executive Board of the Austrian Chapter of the ESB
The current Executive Board:
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Thurner (TU Wien); president
- Prof. Dr. Werner Schmölz (Medical University Innsbruck)
- Prof. Dr. Christian Hellmich (TU Wien)
Meetings of the Austrian Chapter of the ESB
The Inaugural General Assembly of the Austrian Chapter of the ESB was held in Vienna, on September 10 2015. The minutes can be found here.
The next general assembly of the Austrian National Chapter is planned for 2017 in Innsbruck.