Membership application review timeline
You can apply to the ESB at any time in the year. However, you should consider the application review timeline below if you want to be eligible for awards or for reduced congress fees. No exception to this timeline will be applied.
Applications are processed only on key periods based on the congress cycle. The different application deadlines are:
- March 1st (approvals confirmed by March 15th): deadline for applications for new members who wish to gain reduced congress fees for the early-bird congress registration.
- June 1st (approvals confirmed by June 15th): deadline for applications for new members who wish to gain reduced congress fees for late congress registration.
- October 15th (approvals confirmed by Oct 30th): deadlines for applications for new members who attended the congress as non-members (membership paid by their congress registration).
- December 1st (approvals confirmed by Dec 15th): deadline for applications for new members who wish to be considered for awards with deadline of Jan 31st and no additional eligibility requirements.
- The deadlines above are for the applications to be submitted.
- Students members require endorsement from their supervisor. Would the endorsement be later than the stated deadlines, the applications will be processed to ensure eligibility for awards when relevant. Endorsements later than award application deadlines will not be backdated (e.g. if a student member applies in November but is endorsed only mid-December, their application will be processed in time to be eligible for the travel awards in January; if the endorsement of the same application is done in February, the student will not be eligible for said travel awards).