Who We Are
The Simpleware team at Synopsys (Exeter, UK) develops state of the art software for the visualisation and exploration of 3D images (e.g., CT/MRI images). We enable engineers and researchers around the world to take their scan data to the next level (data analysis, connecting to CAD and simulation packages).
Our customers range from international blue-chip corporations, research institutions to universities in fields as varied as medical (implants design, cardiovascular applications), materials research and industrial manufacturing.
We are a tight-knit and diverse team that enjoys solving problems together, and we are looking for exceptional talents to expand our team.
For more information on the Simpleware team, please see http://www.synopsys.com/simpleware.html.
What You Will Do
As a C++ software engineer, you will join a team of 10-15 software engineers. Your key role will be to implement high-quality features in our current and future applications.
You will be working with our Application Engineers to define requirements and implement solutions spanning real-time image processing, analysis, computational geometry, and 3D data visualisation.
We develop a cross-platform desktop application that runs on Windows and Linux. The code uses C++ 17, and state of the art image processing, meshing and visualisation libraries. Development is primarily on Windows using Visual Studio as an IDE and Git for revision control. We use CMake for building and Catch2 for unit testing.
UK-based, partial remote work possible.
Who You Are
- A generalist software developer with 1 or more year(s) of experience writing production-level software.
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or similar. You graduated with a first or 2:1.
- Proficient in coding, data structures and algorithms.
- Eager to learn and explore new complex technical problems. You are interested in any of these areas: image processing, CAD, meshing, constructive solid geometry, and computer vision.
- You can communicate effectively with a range of people in spoken and written English.
- Design, code, and unit test software.
- Work with application engineers. Analyse, refine, and decompose high level requirements to generate software requirements.
- Research, design and implement prototypes and work with other developers and stakeholders to iteratively improve on the solution.
- Identify existing design limitations and resolve them by refactoring legacy code.
- Experience developing medical software and products that use the DICOM or PACS standards.
- Experience developing on Linux.
- Cross-platform desktop application frameworks such as Qt or wxWidgets.
- Experience working with the .NET framework using C#.
- Experience writing unit tests using C++ frameworks, e.g., Catch2.
Other Employment Information
- Location: based in Exeter, UK.
- Remuneration: very attractive, very competitive package.
- Duration: permanent employment contract.
- Other benefits: bonus plan, 25 days annual leave (in addition to 8 national holidays), private healthcare, gym membership, pension contribution.
Exeter is a university city with excellent shopping and choices for eating out. Located only 25 minutes from the sea and Dartmoor National Park, Exeter also has direct rail links to London and major cities in the UK and benefits from direct flights to several European cities.
More Information About The Work Environment
You will be joining the Simpleware development team, a team with varied expertise, experience and interests in software development, and will enjoy a creative and diverse work environment.
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.