The specific goal of this post-doctoral research position is the further development, deployment, and clinical application of clinical digital twins for risk-based stratification of patients affected by musculoskeletal dysmetabolism (osteopenia and sarcopenia). This is the context of Heal Italia projects, a national research project funded by the NextGenerationEU Recovery Plan. The project aims to apply precision medicine approaches by developing risk-based stratification algorithms and providing scientific open-access evidence to health policymakers.
The post-doc is expected to translate existing digital twin technologies developed in other projects into use in specific clinical studies on osteopenia and sarcopenia. This will require some adaptations to the modelling technology, their deployment to appropriate infrastructures, and their use to conduct specific clinical studies where the models’ predictions are used for risk-based stratification.
The ideal candidate would have these qualifications:
- Good written and spoken English.
- Documented experience in patient-specific biomechanical or mechanobiological modelling.
- Experience with finite element analysis and/or multi-body dynamics in biomechanics.
- PhD in Engineering, Physics, Movement Science, or Computer Science, not strictly required though.
The selected post-doc will mainly work on:
- Develop further computational biomechanics patient-specific models.
- Deploy them on dedicated infrastructures that enable their use in clinical studies.
- Run clinical studies based on these Clinical Digital Twins.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary team coordinated by Prof. Marco Viceconti, and in collaboration with a large national consortium.
More info and how to apply here:
The deadline for applications is 06 February 2023.
The research will be conducted both at the University of Bologna and at the Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute in Bologna.
If you are interested or want more information, please contact Alessandra Aldieri: firstname.lastname@example.org