The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL) is part of an academic and research community located at the Campus Krems, and includes a network of comprising teaching hospitals in St. Pölten, Krems and Tulln. The university offers degree programs in Human Medicine, Psychotherapy, Counselling Sciences and Psychology and are tailored to the requirements of the Bologna model, opening the door to new, cutting-edge health professions. KL is committed to raising its profile in specific areas of biomedicine, biomedical engineering, and biopsychosocial sciences by entering into strategic academic and research partnerships with other institutions.
Starting at Mai 2019, the department of anatomy and biomechanics (division of biomechanics, Univ. Prof. Dr. Dieter Pahr) offers a research position, which is limited to the duration of three years:
Research Assistant m/f (Pre Doc, 30 h)
- Participation in the funded research project “Development of functional anatomical models using 3D Printing“ (carried out together with ACMIT Gmbh, Wr. Neustadt)
- In particular: 3D printing of different materials, mechanical characterization of 3D printed parts as well as biological tissues, micro‐computed tomography (μCT), implementation of analysis software, writing of scientific reports
- Supervision of students and participation in teaching
- Master degree in biomedical engineering, mechanical or civil engineering, technical physics, material sciences or similar fields
- Handicraft skills and enjoyment of manual laboratory work
- Interest in 3D printing and scientific work
- Reliable and independent way of working
- Friendly and team oriented personality
- You can expect a challenging job in an internationally recognized and highly motivated team
- Achieve the academic degree of a PhD (Dr. techn.), issued from the TU Vienna.
The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences is dedicated to achieving a balanced mix of male and female academic and non-academic staff. Consequently, applications from female candidates are particularly welcome.
The minimum gross salary for this position is € 2.112,40 (30 h). Overpayment based on the internal salary structure and individual qualifications and experience is possible.
Applications should include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and credentials and should be mailed by 29 March 2019 to Ms. Christina Schwaiger of the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Dr.-Karl- Dorrek-Straße 30, 3500 Krems, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org).