Call for Huiskes Medal nominations
We are pleased to launch the call for nominations for the Huiskes Medal for Biomechanics, which will be awarded at the 28th ESB congress in Maastricht, 2023. This award is the ESB’s highest scientific tribute, presented in honour of Prof. R. Huiskes, and awarded to senior researchers who have contributed significantly to biomechanics throughout their careers.
Candidate nominations in consideration for the Huiskes Medal for Biomechanics should include:
- a letter of nomination that highlights, in maximum 2 pages, the candidate’s career achievements and contributions to biomechanics. The nomination letter should have the following structure and contents:
- the pioneering, game changing, and/or translational aspects of the research of the candidate, including explicit references to seminal journal articles
- the impact that the specificity of the Nominee research have had on the biomechanics community, and in specific fields of science, technology and/or medicine
- Role in scientific societies, founding research groups, service to the scientific community, international acknowledgement, ability to inspire excellent scientists
- a full publication list, or a link to an up-to-date online publication list.
The deadline for nominations for the Huiskes Medal for Biomechanics is February 6th, 2023. Submit your candidate nominations to the Chairperson of the ESB Awards.
More details here