Guidelines for Session Chairs
We welcome and thank the session chairs of the ESB 2023 conference. To streamline the sessions and overall process, please take note of the following guidelines:
- Please arrive in the room at least 10 minutes before the sessoin starts.
- All presentations are uploaded via the central uploading centre.
- A technician will make sure in advance that all devices and audio equipment operate as planned. The technician can assist you in any technical question you may have.
- The chair and co-chair lead the session, but also the discussion. Please ensure that the microphone is passed around in the audience. Recognize questions from the audience and allow each person who would like to do so to participate in the discussion.
- Each podium presenter has been informed to prepare a presentation for a maximum of 12 minutes including Q&A. The perspective talks have been informed that the time slot for their presentation is 25 minutes including Q&A.
- Please do not exceed the time assigned for the session. The programme is tightly scheduled, and large delays should be avoided.
- If a presentation cannot be given or if a presenter does not appear (no-show), please stick to the original programme and fill out the remaining time with questions or start a discussion.
If you have any questions before, during or after the conference, please contact the conference secretariat, located at the registration desk.