Information for Presenters
- Please check the time and lecture room of your presentation in the daily programme and on the info boards as there might have been changes.
- Technical staff is assigned to each lecture room for help with technical equipment.
- Each lecture room is equipped with a computer (Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2016, Acrobat Reader DC) and a beamer.
- Your slides shall be prepared in the format of 16:9, whereas 4:3 is also possible.
- In the lecture halls, you will find a laser pointer (however, without a device-specific adapter or power supply)
- For previewing your presentation, please be at the lecture room 30 minutes before the start of the session.
- Uploading slides during the presentation time may naturally reduce the speaking time.
- Please only upload your slides at the day of your presentation, as all computers will be automatically cleared during the night.
- You are asked to upload your presentation at the very latest in the break before the session.
- Please be present at least 10 minutes prior to the start of your session and let the chairperson know you are there.
- Please make sure to stay in your session from the beginning on in order to ensure smooth changes between the individual presentations.
- The time allotted for the presentations is
– 15 min. (incl. discussion) for podium presentations,
– 30 min. (incl. discussion) for perspective talks, and
– 40 mins. for Keynote Lectures.
- The pending end of the presentation time is indicated by the chairperson through a yellow card (once only 5 minutes of the speaker’s time slot are left) and through a red card (once only 3 minutes of the speaker’s time slot are left; meaning that it is time for moving to the discussion).
- The chairpersons are requested to stop presentations after the allotted time has passed.
Information for Poster Presentations
Rapid-fire Poster Presentation: All posters will be on display for the whole congress duration. In addition, each poster is assigned to a poster session. Presenters are requested to present the data in their poster in a max. 3-minute presentation directly in front of their poster during this poster session. No slides are to be prepared for this presentation. The chairs of the session will hand over to the next presenter after the 3 minutes. After the presentation of all posters, there are an additional 15 minutes for joint discussion.
Poster Size: The maximum poster size is DIN A0 portrait (841 x 1189 mm), otherwise you will have problems in mounting the poster on the provided boards.
Poster Mounting Periods: Please mount your poster on Sunday, July 7, between 15:00 and 20:00 or on Monday, July 8, 08:00-12:00. Posters can be dismantled after the lunch break on July 10, but at the latest after the closing of the congress. Please note, that all posters not dismantled at 17:30 will be removed and disposed of by the congress staff. In the printed programme you will find guidance on how to find the location of your poster board.
Poster Printing Service: There is a copy shop called „die Kopie“ at Universitätsstraße 8 (5 walking minutes from the congress venue). Opening hours: Mon-Fri: 8.30-18.30. Participants interested in having their poster printed there, can send the file for printing before the congress by e-mail. Please mention that you are a participant of ESB 2019 taking place at the University of Vienna. Alternatively, you can directly go the copy shop for have it printed. Please note that it may take then up to an hour until the poster can be collected.
Information for Chairs
- You are kindly asked to switch between presentations by simply announcing the name of the next presenter and the title of the presentation. Due to the tight schedule, there will not be sufficient time for introducing individual lecturers in a more detailed manner.
- Please do your best to strictly limit the duration of each presentation and discussion to the allotted time.
- Please raise the yellow and red cards, in a clearly visible fashion, 5 and 3 minutes, respectively, before the end of the presentation time slot of each speaker.
- If a lecturer is missing, please stick to the original programme, i.e., extend the discussion time of the preceding presentation or allow a break for the duration of the missing lecture(s). This enables participants to move in between sessions and to listen to chosen individual lectures according to the announced sequence.