13th July (session 14:00-16:00, CEST)
- Student Award 14:00-15:00
- Clinical Biomechanics Award 15:00-16:00
14th July (session 14:00-16:00, CEST)
- Best Doctoral Thesis Award 14:00-15:00
- Important Announcements (including award winners) 15:00-16:00
Given the serious nature of the growing COVID pandemic, the ESB2020 Organizing Committee and the ESB Council have made the decision to postpone ESB2020 to July 2021. We have secured the same venue (Politecnico di Milano) for the ESB2021 congress that will occur from July 11-14, 2021. Please save the date for next year.
- Awards: The ESB Council will organize the presentation of some awards in webinars, 13-14 July 2020.
- Perspectives talks: Perspectives talks can be retained for next year, provided that the speakers explicitly confirm their attendance to ESB2021. For those who decide not to attend, we can offer the option to use the ESB YouTube channel.
- Abstracts: Classical abstracts will have to be resubmitted through the portal starting from October 2020. Authors can modify their abstract with new data, but all abstracts will be handled as new ones and will go through a new revision process.
We are aware that attending conferences is important for many scientists for their track record, evaluations, etc. However, due to cancellation of ESB 2020 the evaluation process will not be completed. As the program congress (including oral sessions, posters and rejections) will not be prepared, no confirmation letters will be sent.
Con il Patrocinio di
The 2020 ESB conference is organized and hosted by the Department of Chemistry, Materials and Chemical Engineering ‘Giulio Natta’ and the Department of Electronics, Information and Bioengineering of Politecnico di Milano in conjunction with the Italian Chapter of the ESB.
Abstract submission duly closed on January 31, 2020. A total of 1,021 papers have been submitted!
We consider this figure a fantastic indication of the strong interest towards biomechanics in Europe, the great scientific prestige of the European Society of Biomechanics and the rising allure of the city of Milan as a congress venue, too!
We promise a memorable congress, in terms of scientific quality and Italian hospitality!
We look forward to welcoming you in Milano in July!
Francesco Migliavacca – Chair
Gabriele Dubini – Co-Chair
Manuela Galli – Co- Chair
Alberto Redaelli – Co- Chair