Dear European Society of Biomechanics member,
The 7th World Congress of Biomechanics is approaching. Our Society has prepared many activities that will be of interest to you as an ESB member. See the following agenda:
Tuesday, 08 July
12:30-14:00 ESB General Assembly: During the GA, the election of the new ESB Council [candidates] will take place, so your presence will be very important. Additionally the activities developed by the Council in the last two years will be presented and the next ESB congresses (for the next 4 years) will be announced. A take-away lunch will be available to bring to the GA with you.
The agenda for the GA may be found here. The list of all new members can be found here.
14:00-16:00 ESB Clinical Biomechanics Award and ESB Student Award.
Finalists of the ESB Clinical Biomechanics Award
• Boyko Gueorguiev “Is angle-stable locked lateral plating biomechanically superior to conventional plate fixation in the proximal phalanx?”
• Cristina Falcinelli “Association of CT-based finite element estimates of femur strength with fracture status in three clinical studies”
• Nikolaos Paschos “Biomechanical and Biological Properties of Different Topographic Locations of the Ankle Joint”
• Marlene Mengoni “A Cohesive Interface Approach To Model The Inter-Lamellar Behaviour Of The Intervertebral Disc Annulus Fibrous”
Finalists of the ESB Student Award (Very important: The audience will decide on the winner by scoring the presentations)
• Malte Steiner “Optimizing Fracture Healing through Fixation Stiffness using Numerical Simulation”
• Mario Giorgi “Mechanobiological simulations of prenatal joint morphogenesis”
• Wouter Hoogkamer “Relations between split-belt adaptation after effects perception of gait asymmetry”
• Yann Guyot “A multiphysics approach to calculate shear stresses during neotissue growth in a perfusion bioreactor”
18:30-20:00 ESB social event at the Sheraton Hotel in the “Commonwealth” room: the ESB will hold an informal reception, which will provide an opportunity for you to see old and new friends in the ESB, to bid farewell to the outgoing council members, to meet the incoming council members and to congratulate the society’s award recipients. The society will provide light food and a voucher for drinks. Please, register your intention to attend directly by e-mail to Stephen Ferguson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, 09 July
9:45-10:30 ESB Perren Award and PhD Award
S. M. Perren Award Winner
Fulvia Taddei “Safety factor of the proximal femur during gait: a population-based finite element study”
Best Doctoral Thesis in Biomechanics
Carlos Borau “Multiscale computational modeling of single cell migration in 3D”
Looking forward to meeting you in Boston!!!