The University of Rostock offers you a diverse, varied and challenging job in a tradition-conscious, innovative, modern and family-friendly university in a lively city by the sea. At the Faculty of Philosophy, Institute of Sports Sciences, Chair of Biomechanics we are offering the following position, subject to allocation of funds, as of 01.09.2021, for a limited period until 01.09.2024:
Field of activity
– Research on biomechanics and control of the human leg e.g. in rotational movements, lateral movements or also locomotion under perturbations with the aim of scientific qualification.
– Conduct experiments, modeling, and simulations as part of guided and independent research activities.
– Development of study designs and experimental setups in a new laboratory to be established.
– Optional construction of simple bouncing and walking robots to demonstrate theoretical concepts
– Publication of research results – Contribution to third-party funding research proposals
– Scientific teaching in an amount of 3 semester hours in theoretical and/or practical courses with a focus on research-based transfer of knowledge and skills in order to teach students to conduct independent scientific research
– Involvement in academic self-government
– Completed (or soon to be completed) academic studies (state examination, diploma, master’s degree or comparable degree) e.g. sports or exercise science, engineering, physics, mathematics or comparable studies with at least good results
– Experience with mathematical modeling and simulations
– Strong interest in the study of how the musculoskeletal system generates movement
– Confident knowledge of the German and English languages, both written and spoken
– Ability to work in a team, communication skills and interest in working in interdisciplinary work groups
– Personal relation to the field of sports
– Willingness to work seriously and with commitment on a project of one’s own scientific qualification.
Herr Prof. Dr. Christian Rode, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 30 June 2021