The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences (KL) is part of an academic and research community located at the Campus Krems, and includes a network of comprising teaching hospitals in St. Pölten, Krems and Tulln. The university offers degree programs in Human Medicine, Psychotherapy, Counselling Sciences and Psychology and are tailored to the requirements of the Bologna model, opening the door to new, cutting-edge health professions. KL is committed to raising its profile in specific areas of biomedicine, biomedical engineering, and biopsychosocial sciences by entering into strategic academic and research partnerships with other institutions.
Starting at November 2018, the department of anatomy and biomechanics (division of biomechanics, Prof. Pahr, Dr. Reisinger) offers a research position, which is limited to the duration of three years: Research Assistant m/f (Pre Doc, 30 h)
• Participation in the funded research project “A morphology based failure criterion for implanted bone screws”
• In more detail: using of micro CT imaging, biomechanical testing, continuum mechanics, and 3d-printing
• Programming of evaluation- and analysis scripts
• Assistance in teaching in the fields of mathematics, physics, informatics and biomedical engineering
• Engagement in other research projects
• Degree in civil or mechanical engineering, biomedical engineering, technical physics, or similar fields
• Basic knowledge in programming, biomechanics, imaging (CT), experimental material characterization
• Good English skills
• The willingness to support teaching, experience is of advantage
• Self-responsible and reliable working approach
• Interest on scientific working and writing a dissertation
• Friendly and team oriented personality
• You can expect a challenging job in an internationally recognized and highly motivated team
• Achieve the academic degree of a PhD (Dr. techn.), issued from the TU Vienna.
The Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences is dedicated to achieving a balanced mix of male and female academic and non-academic staff. Consequently, applications from female candidates are particularly welcome. The minimum gross salary for this position is € 2.112,40 (30 h).
|Applications should include a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, and credentials and should be mailed by 17.10.2018 to Ms. Christina Schwaiger of the Karl Landsteiner University of Health Sciences, Dr.-Karl-Dorrek-Straße 30, 3500 Krems, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org).|