GREAT BRITAIN – Exeter
Job Description and Requirements
Overall purpose of job
Simpleware software is currently looking for a motivated applicant to join the technical support team. You should be passionate about working with image processing and 3D modelling software, and with providing technical knowledge and sales support. You will also be responsible for generating papers and promotional material which will require you to work very closely with customers and partners.
We offer a competitive salary for this position.
The closing date for this job posting is the 10th of September, 2018
Primarily, this will involve
- Providing high quality and reliable technical support for our clients
- Organising software demonstrations, workshops, and training
- Visiting potential clients, and attending conferences and exhibitions
- Generating proposals, papers, reports, press releases, software documentation, tutorials, etc.
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing, long-term relationships with customers, partners and the media
Knowledge, experience, skills, and competencies
- Qualified at least to first degree level in an Engineering related subject – preferably a first or 2:1
- Experience using CAD, FEA (e.g. Abaqus, Ansys, Comsol, etc.) or CFD (e.g. Fluent, OpenFOAM, etc.) codes
- Good knowledge of either image processing, biomechanical or materials modelling
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong personal organisation, with good project management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Strong project management ability, personal organisation and customer focus
- Self-motivation and ability to work on own initiative whilst being a team player
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python) and web technologies (HTML, CSS, Java Script, PHP and MySQL) would be useful/an advantage